The one constant today is change. Whether global health concerns, volatile markets, changing demographics, or advancing uses of technology, successfully managing change is challenging, even for exceptionally talented and experienced professionals.
Across industries, managers and leaders promoted into their roles based on performance under past conditions are required to adapt. It can quickly become clear—to team members, colleagues, or departments, if not individuals themselves–that different leadership and management skills are required.
Such skills include:
- Developing interpersonal relationships and trust
- Collaboration / boundary-spanning leadership
- Conflict management or negotiation
- Communication, particularly across differences
- Giving and receiving developmental feedback
- Motivating direct reports
- Strategic planning
- Letting go of prior approaches and strategies
Even the highest performers are unlikely to sprout new skills overnight. Without them, people who are used to being exceptionally good at their jobs encounter increased frustration, sustain a significant hit to the ego, and can become defensive or develop blind spots around how they interact with others.
Relying on innate abilities to figure it out on the job proves to be a stressful and high-risk strategy. Mentor relationships can add huge value, but the time available and the capacity to provide actionable guidance varies widely. The level of candor internal HR partners feel comfortable providing can be limited, and waiting for performance reviews to have difficult conversations means that unproductive conditions fester.
We can help. We develop mid-level managers and executive-level professionals so that they have the skills they need to become leaders who add value by enhancing employee performance and improving organizational effectiveness.
We do so by providing a combination of services tailored to meet an organization’s specific needs, including:
- Designing and facilitating seminars, workshops, and meetings
- Developing and delivering training programs and sessions
- One-on-one Executive Coaching and 360 assessments, and
- Team coaching
We regularly conduct needs assessments to evaluate the status quo and identify skills to target. Then to address specific needs, our work incorporates the best of several approaches, including:
- Change management strategies
- Design thinking
- Systems perspectives
- Adult development frameworks
- Neuroscience research
- Adult learning theory
- Experiential training methodology
- Accountability measures
Please contact us to learn more about how we can help individuals and organizations successfully advance their goals.